Eligibility Checking Services
ONE IT Support who currently support the Data Officers who use the Grants and Benefits module in ONE
Data Officers who currently use the Grants and Benefits module to record Free School Meals Applications
Session length: 2 – 3 hours
Within the Grants and Benefits module in ONE is an Eligibility Checking Service (ECS) provided by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) which checks to see if applicants are eligible to receive Free School Meals (FSM).
This WebEx will introduce LA’s to this service and how to use it. This can be used for individual applications or multiple applications.
What will be included:
- Configuration of the ECS – advice on how to configure the Grants and Benefits module in order to use this service including providing information for the LA on how to become accredited with the DWP.
- Overview of the Service – how this service works and what the LA need to understand about the process and the different scenarios they need to plan for.
- Running the ECS – on an individual applicant as part of adding the claim and viewing the History of the checks.
- Running the ECS Batch Validation – this is to check multiple applications in bulk on a regular basis. The LA will be shown how to check that their eligible applicants are still eligible or whether they have become ineligible since the last run was made or to check if applicants who were not eligible at the date of the last run have since become eligible.
- Producing Standard Reports to View the Results – how to use the standard reports within the module to show the results of the applicants – which ones have been processed or failed during the ECS run.
- Batch Processing Feature – how to use this to identify the applicants with changed results and update them in bulk as appropriate.
- How to Plan ‘Starting to use the ECS’ – advice on how to start using this in the live environment.