Reporting on Children’s Support Services involvements
Report writers within the Authority with experience of either Crystal or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
One Support Team
Session length: 2 – 3 hours
This will enable report writers or One support team members to understand the tables used to record data input through the One interface within involvement forms. The course will look at all the panels within a ‘standard’ involvement form, and which table within the database that data is stored in, as well as looking at the additional panels available through a ‘legal actions’ involvement form and the related tables. The session will also briefly deal with activities and communication log entries recorded against involvement forms and how these link together.
During the session, reports will be used to illustrate how the tables are linked together to produce outputs as graphs, crosstabs or lists as well as illustrating how these reports may be brought together within an example dashboard. The skills and knowledge gained through this session can also be used to produce reports identifying issues with data – for example missing data – to enable data cleansing to take place.
At the end of the session, all reports used will be made available to delegates in either Crystal or SSRS format.
What will be included:
- Overview of example ‘standard’ and ‘legal actions’ involvement form panels, and the tables the data is stored in once input
- Overview of how these tables are linked together to enable authorities to produce meaningful reports using either Crystal or SQL Services Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Overview of how activities and communication log entries are linked to involvement forms through the database tables
- Using reports to identify missing or conflicting data – for example involvements with an end date but an active status or closed involvements with no outcomes recorded.
- Example dashboard report produced (in either Crystal or SSRS format) to consolidate understanding and for conversion to use within Authorities
- Q&A/Workshop – Time to ask the consultant queries specific to your Local Authority and for the consultant to share any tips or advice