Reporting on Governors
Report writers within the Authority with experience of either Crystal or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
One Support Team
Session length: 2 – 3 hours
This will enable report writers or One support team members to understand the tables used to record data input through the Governors interface. The course will look at all the tabs used to record Governing body information as well as meetings, committees and vacancies. We will then look at how Governors themselves are recorded and the tables this data is stored in – this will include any positions they hold or committees they attend as well as checks and training. The session will also briefly deal with communication log entries recorded against Governing Bodies or Governors and how these link together.
During the session, reports will be used to illustrate how the tables are linked together to produce outputs as graphs, crosstabs or lists as well as illustrating how these reports may be brought together within an example dashboard. The skills and knowledge gained through this session can also be used to produce reports identifying issues with data – for example missing data – to enable data cleansing to take place.
At the end of the session, all example reports used will be made available to delegates in either Crystal or SSRS format.
What will be included:
- Overview of Governing Body and Governors screens, and the tables the data is stored in once input
- Overview of how these tables are linked together to enable authorities to produce meaningful reports using either Crystal or SQL Services Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Overview of how communication log entries are linked to either Governing bodies or Governors through the database tables
- Using reports to identify missing data – for example no ethnicity or dob recorded for a Governor.
- Example dashboard report produced (in either Crystal or SSRS format) to consolidate understanding and for conversion to use within Authorities