Reporting on Vulnerable Groups
Report writers within the Authority with experience of either Crystal or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
One Support Team
Session length: 2 – 3 hours
This session will investigate how One can be used to identify a child is a member of a potentially vulnerable group – e.g. known to social care, a looked after child, in receipt of free school meals, where English is an additional language etc – and how these groups can be used to drive reports highlighting issues or celebrating success.
At the end of the session, all reports used will be made available to delegates in either Crystal or SSRS format.
What will be included:
- Understand all the data elements currently available through the One interface to mark a child as a member of a vulnerable group – e.g. the known to social care flag, the looked after child link, whether a child is receiving free school meals or the EAL check box.
- Understand how user defined fields might be used to add further fields to flag authority specific groups.
- Understand how these data elements might be used within Crystal or SSRS reports to return appropriate data either at an individual or group summary level – e.g. exclusions of looked after children compared to overall exclusions of all children
- Example dashboard report produced (in either Crystal or SSRS format) to consolidate understanding and for conversion to use within Authorities
- Q&A/Workshop – Time to ask the consultant queries specific to your Local Authority and for the consultant to share any tips or advice