One support staff
Performance officers or LA report writers
Session length: 2 – 3 hours
SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) is a powerful and flexible reporting option available to local authorities (LA’s) who want to open up the wealth of information within their One system more accessible to operational staff and senior leaders. This session will give an introduction to the SSRS functionality and how it can be used with the Capita One system to publish basic reports.
Tips will also be given on how to convert existing Crystal Reports over to SSRS reports to reduce the development time required within the Authority.
What will be included:
- Setting up a connection – setting up a connection to the Capita One system
- Adding data sets – extracting data from the system using either SQL queries or the visual interface
- Using filters – restricting data being returned in the query
- Adding fields to tables – using the SSRS design view to change the fields displayed to the end user
- Formatting data – formatting data to make dates display correctly or change font/style or colour
- Adding additional tables – adding more tables from the database into the report
- Simple aggregates – aggregating data to show totals and counts
- Special fields – adding data extract dates to reports
- Publishing reports – publishing a report to the server for others to view
- Q&A – Time to ask the consultant queries about how SSRS can be used to help your LA